Tuesday, February 12, 2008

Cake & Raspberries

Rio 2007So, do I start with my ode to television or my hearty raspberry to television? I'm feeling like applause first, so I have to say that I love the Food Network show Ace of Cakes. I might want Giada De Laurentis and Ina Garten to make me dinner, but I want to hang out with the people at Charm City Cakes who spend their time making these wacky, gravitationally-impossible cakes. I mean when was the last time you saw a slab of bacon and a can of Miller Lite made of cake - that was completely edible?

As to raspberries? Twin Peaks Season 2 gets that honor. I finally finished and my initial response was "that's the end of Twin Peaks?" After sitting through hours of Nadine pretending to be 17 again, Windom Earle laughing maniacally, and Heather Graham playing an ex-nun, that's the ending we get? Any show with that many mysterious deaths should pay off its viewers suspension of disbelief better than that. Season 1 was a lot of fun, but Season 2 believed Season 1's hype more than it should have. Arg. I'm annoyed. I feel kinda cheated by my television set.

The oddball find of the week: your friends at Boing Boing dug up this history of conjoined twins for the curious folks out there.

Finally, here's some funny that crossed my path, because who can't use a laugh?
  • I think I'm behind the curve on this on, but it's still f*cking hilarious: Sarah Silverman F*cking Matt Damon.

  • Last weekend's This American Life was all about tough rooms. One of the toughest has to be backstage at The Onion.
  • No comments: